The ECHO Mapping Center provides a list of enforcement and compliance centric mapping options. These maps provide geospatial data in a variety of different views, from national summary level to facility-specific details.
View nationally published maps
State Comparative Maps (2009 through 2013)
- The ECHO State Comparative Maps provide a quick interactive way to review national trends and compare states and territories. Metrics for comparison include regulated facilities, inspections, violations, enforcement actions, and penalties.
EPA and State Annual Enforcement Actions Map (Current)
- The map combines EPA and state enforcement actions in one map, and shades states based on the frequency of enforcement. The map allows users to see year-to-date information that will be updated monthly, and gives users the ability to zoom-in to view facility-specific information about enforcement cases and facilities.
National Enforcement Initiatives Maps (2011, 2012)
- Every three years, EPA sets national enforcement initiatives to focus civil and criminal enforcement resources and expertise on serious pollution problems affecting communities. The 2011-2013 initiatives were chosen with state and public input and support EPA’s seven priorities.
Create custom map using a list of IDs
ECHO Facility ID Search
- For example, you work for a company and have a list of their permit identifiers, you can paste
them in and get a color coded map.
Dynamic Mapping of EPA and State Data
Dynamic Mapping of EPA Enforcement Cases
Search Enforcement Data
- Use this query form to select the cases you would like to see (including 2010 cases). After you run your report, you can map the output
by clicking on the large "M" button above the results table. Individual Enforcement Cases can be mapped by clicking on the "M" button in the results table next to the case name.
Mapping Resources for Developers
ECHO Maps Widget
- Allows web developers to embed an ECHO map on an organization's website.